Below is a listing of "virtual"
lectures taking place in lieu of those requiring
presence. Some are free and for others there is a charge.
- January 5th (Tuesday) - The Magical Nathaniel Lecture - This FREE show takes place at 10:00 PM EST - Join Zoom Meeting HERE This
lecture is perfect for anyone who wants to learn about the virtual
magic world, improve their existing show or setup, or be able to
perform some amazing tricks perfect for Zoom! For more
information click HERE.
Be sure to call ahead before leaving to see if events are still taking place.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday live at 2pm join Lady Sarah and Keith Fields
for ‘A cup of Tea’. The show promotes Detroit,
it’s people and it’s businesses A bit of chat from some
great local folk and a guest magician on each episode. It’s
30 minutes of fun and frolics with those crazy Brits! If you miss it,
you can watch later. www.themagicsoiree.com or The Magic Soiree Facebook page.
- I.B.M. Ring 22 meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 749 W. 14 Mile Rd., Clawson, MI
48017. 48017 - Phone: (248) 589-0334 - From the
intersection of 14 Mile and Main, go west on 14 Mile Rd. for a half
mile. The church will be on the south side of the stree.
- Ann Arbor Magic Club meets on the 2nd Wednesday of every
month at the Senate Coney Island - 34359 Plymouth Road, Livonia,
MI 48150 - Arrive at 6 p.m. to eat, meeting starts at 7 p..m
- Colon's Ring 386 Meeting takes place the third Thursday of
the month at Five Star Pizza in Colon, MI. Business meeting at 6:00 PM
with magic beginning at 6:30 PM.
- Children's Magic Classes are held every Saturday morning
from 10 until 11 AM. Class topics will available on Wunderground Web's
Calendar at www.wundergroundmagicshop.com. Call Paul for details at 248-280-5925.
- Adult Magic Workshops are held the first, third, fourth,
and fifth (if any) Tuesday of each month (except when it falls on a
holiday) from 6:30pm – 8:00pm in the dungeons of Wunderground
Magic, 16 S. Main St., Clawson, MI 48017. Call Paul for details at
248-280-5925. Ages 14 and up. First Tuesday is Introductory Magic (on a
monthly topic), $20.00 at the door. Third Tuesday is Executive Magic
Class with performer George Tait who teaches magic you can use on the
job to make a lasting impression on colleagues or customers. $30.00 at
the door. Fourth Tuesday is Card Workers. Magic tricks, sleights, and
flourishes with a deck of cards. $30.00 at the door. Fifth Tuesday (if
month has one) is on a special topic and open to any suggestions.
- THE MONDAY MYSTICS -- meets every Monday at 7:00 PM,
except if on a major holiday night. Location: Camp Ticonderoga, 5725
Rochester Rd., Troy, MI 48085. Phone is(248) 828-2825. Web site is http://www.campticonderoga.com
- AT ABC MAGIC SHOP, 69 N Walnut, Mount Clemens, MI, 48043 --
FREE! Magic Class -- Every Saturday from 12 PM to 1 PM -- Free Magic
Class for all. In these classes you will learn the basics of magic.
This class is recommended for ages 5 and up. www.abcmagicshop.com.
- The S.A.M. (Society of American Magicians) meets every
third Wednesday of the month in the ABC Magic Shop with snacks and
- The Wizards Club meets on the first Thursday of every month
at the Bone Yard Restaurant, 30843 Plymouth Rd., Livonia, MI 48150
(between Middlebelt Rd. and Merriman), phone: (734) 427-6500. If
attending dinner arrive at 7pm. If attending for some magic and
conversation arrive after 7:45pm. Meetings end around 9 - 9:30pm.
- The Motor City Juggling Club meets Wednesdays at 7:00pm at
Oakland University, 2200 N. Squirrel Rd., Rochester, MI 48309. The
juggling location is indoor at the Pawley Hall Atrium. Consult the
website "Find Us" page http://www.mcjugglers.org/find_us/
- THE AMERICAN MUSEUM OF MAGIC, 107 E. Michigan Avenue in
Marshall, Michigan 49068, is open Thursday through Saturday from 10:00
AM to 4:00 PM during the months of April, May, September and October,
and Tuesday through Saturday in June, July and August (Adults
$5/Children $3.50), or by request (269-781-7570). The mission of the
American Museum of Magic is to inspire and delight the public with the
wonder of magic, as well as to document and celebrate the contributions
and resilience of the magician.
------------------------- Future Michigan Magic Day Conventions -------------------------
- Michigan Magic Day - ??? - Colon, MI, sponsored by Sterlini Magic