-------------------------Magic Is Happening At------------------
Below is a listing of "virtual"
lectures taking place in lieu of those requiring
presence. Some are free and for others there is a charge.
- May 15th-16th - (Friday-Saturday) - The Magicians Forum Live - Begins at 6:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time - Tickets are $5.99 which
includes access to the entire two day event, as well as video
recordings of all the sessions (except for Robbie Moreland's).
There will be a number of first rate performers at this event. You can
purchase your ticket at get details including the schedule of
events at this LINK.
- May 17th - (Sunday) - The Nathan Kranzo Lecture - This FREE lecture takes place at 1:00 PM Central Standard Time and you must preregister for the lecture. Here is the LINK.
- May 19th - (Tuesday) - The Meir Yedid Lecture - This FREE lecture takes place at 7:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time and you must preregister for the the lecture. Here is the LINK.
- June 2nd - (Tuesday) - The David Regal Lecture - This FREE lecture takes place at 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time and you must preregister for the the lecture. Here is the LINK.
- Jeff Wawrzaszek is appearing at Buffalo Wild Wings on Lee Road in Brighton, MI every other Wednesday from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm with FREE magic tricks for the kids.
- Jeff Wawrzaszek is appearing at the Ann Arbor Buffalo Wild Wings at 3150 Boardwalk Drive on opposite Wednesdays (from Brighton) from 5:30 pm until 7:30 pm.
- Gordon Russ, Steve Zieman, and Gordon Schott fill in on the opposite Wednesdays at the Brighton and Ann Arbor Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Tyler Gronauer is appearing at The Laundry at 125 W. Shiawassee Ave., Fenton, MI 48430 every Sunday from 10:30 am until 1:00 pm
- Ron Carnell is appearing at the River Lake Inn located in Colon, MI - Here's Ron's SCHEDULE
- Josh Silverstein is appearing every Thursday at the Ram's Horn of Southfield located at 26200 Twelve Mile Rd., Southfield, MI 48034
- John Dudley is appearing every other Wednesday night from 5-8 PM at Buffalo Wild Wings, Lakeview Square Mall in Battle Creek, Michigan
- Hugh Irwin, the Kilted Magician, appears every other Friday at the South Lyon Hotel in South Lyon, MI and every other Friday at the Comeback Inn in North Milford, MI.
- I.B.M. Ring 22 meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at
the Hunter Community Center, 509 Fisher Court, Clawson, Mich.
48017 - Phone: (248) 589-0334 - From the intersection
of 14 Mile and Main, go north on Main to the first stoplight, turn
right and take Fisher to the end.
- Ann Arbor Magic Club meets on the 2nd Wednesday of every
month at the Senate Coney Island - 34359 Plymouth Road, Livonia,
MI 48150 - Arrive at 6 p.m. to eat, meeting starts at 7 p..m
- Colon's Ring 386 Meeting takes place the third Thursday of
the month at Five Star Pizza in Colon, MI. Business meeting at 6:00 PM
with magic beginning at 6:30 PM.
- Children's Magic Classes are held every Saturday morning
from 10 until 11 AM. Class topics will available on Wunderground Web's
Calendar at www.wundergroundmagicshop.com. Call Paul for details at 248-280-5925.
- Adult Magic Workshops are held the first, third, fourth,
and fifth (if any) Tuesday of each month (except when it falls on a
holiday) from 6:30pm – 8:00pm in the dungeons of Wunderground
Magic, 16 S. Main St., Clawson, MI 48017. Call Paul for details at
248-280-5925. Ages 14 and up. First Tuesday is Introductory Magic (on a
monthly topic), $20.00 at the door. Third Tuesday is Executive Magic
Class with performer George Tait who teaches magic you can use on the
job to make a lasting impression on colleagues or customers. $30.00 at
the door. Fourth Tuesday is Card Workers. Magic tricks, sleights, and
flourishes with a deck of cards. $30.00 at the door. Fifth Tuesday (if
month has one) is on a special topic and open to any suggestions.
- THE MONDAY MYSTICS -- meets every Monday at 7:00 PM,
except if on a major holiday night. Location: Camp Ticonderoga, 5725
Rochester Rd., Troy, MI 48085. Phone is(248) 828-2825. Web site is http://www.campticonderoga.com
- AT ABC MAGIC SHOP, 69 N Walnut, Mount Clemens, MI, 48043 --
FREE! Magic Class -- Every Saturday from 12 PM to 1 PM -- Free Magic
Class for all. In these classes you will learn the basics of magic.
This class is recommended for ages 5 and up. www.abcmagicshop.com.
- The S.A.M. (Society of American Magicians) meets every
third Wednesday of the month in the ABC Magic Shop with snacks and
- The Wizards Club meets on the first Thursday of every month
at the Bone Yard Restaurant, 30843 Plymouth Rd., Livonia, MI 48150
(between Middlebelt Rd. and Merriman), phone: (734) 427-6500. If
attending dinner arrive at 7pm. If attending for some magic and
conversation arrive after 7:45pm. Meetings end around 9 - 9:30pm.
- The Motor City Juggling Club meets Wednesdays at 7:00pm at
Oakland University, 2200 N. Squirrel Rd., Rochester, MI 48309. The
juggling location is indoor at the Pawley Hall Atrium. Consult the
website "Find Us" page http://www.mcjugglers.org/find_us/
- THE AMERICAN MUSEUM OF MAGIC, 107 E. Michigan Avenue in
Marshall, Michigan 49068, is open Thursday through Saturday from 10:00
AM to 4:00 PM during the months of April, May, September and October,
and Tuesday through Saturday in June, July and August (Adults
$5/Children $3.50), or by request (269-781-7570). The mission of the
American Museum of Magic is to inspire and delight the public with the
wonder of magic, as well as to document and celebrate the contributions
and resilience of the magician.
------------------------- Future Michigan Magic Day Conventions -------------------------
- Michigan Magic Day - ??? - Colon, MI, sponsored by Sterlini Magic